Saturday, March 21, 2009

We have a date!

As most of you know, the next several weeks will be slightly insane for us. We are not only getting ready for this little one to arrive, but we are also moving. My midwives & I have decided that they would rather induce me a little early to get us some extra recovery time before all of the driving and moving that we are about to do. Induction isn't the most ideal and I was hoping to avoid it, but I will tell you that the peace of mind I have knowing that I will definitely have a baby and have some time before we drive has been nice. Right now, we have me set for April 2nd! That is a Thursday. She offered to do it March 31st, but I don't want to risk having an April Fool's baby. I mean, if I'm going to CHOOSE the date, then I'd like for it to not be something with "Fool" in the title.

Please pray that this little one chooses to come on it's own before then! I would LOVE to avoid pitocin and just let this kid do it's own thing. I have had some contractions and I know the baby has dropped. This week the midwife estimated that the baby is around 7lbs (which is always just a guess--who knows how big this baby is). The midwife also said that she would be ok if I went into labor at any point now. She's not at all concerned and says that this is one healthy baby! So I'm asking you for prayers for labor! Please pray this kid comes soon or that my body is ready when I go in to be induced on April 2nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment