Sunday, March 29, 2009

It's Baby Time...TOMORROW!

Tomorrow is the day! I started labor last night (Saturday) around 10:30. My contractions were 5-7 min. apart and getting uncomfortable. I called the midwife and she said to take a shower, some tylenol, and then try to sleep. I didn't sleep well, but I did get some rest. I woke up this morning very uncomfortable and contracting every 2-3 minutes lasting 45 seconds to over a minute. I had some other signs of labor and they told me to come in.

They checked to see the baby's position and s/he is still transverse. They gave me some medication to stop the contractions. It gave me the shakes, but I was a much happier person. They checked me and I was not dilated at all. The nurse & midwife said that it's because there is nothing on my cervix to help it dilate.

The OB that would be doing my c-section did the Bataan Death March this morning. Since the baby looks good and I'm doing ok, we decided that it would be better for everyone if she does it in the morning. Two scheduled sections were canceled for it tomorrow so they are sliding me into those slots tomorrow.

For now I am at the hospital for observation. I will stay here tonight and get something to help me sleep. I am being taken back at 7:30am. Right now I'm exhausted. My contractions are still there, just very infrequent but still strong.

We'll update everyone tomorrow as soon as we can!

3 comments:

  1. I think March 30th will be a fabulous birthday date! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in the hospital getting ready to have a baby?!?!?!?!! My, how long ago 6th grade was! What a very cool blog you have and I pray everything goes flawlessly tomorrow! You are so articulate in describing things, I can totally picture it in my head. You guys are going to be great parents! Love ya! Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina, you, David and the baby are in my thoughts and prayers! I hope everything goes well! I can't wait to hear how the c-section went and to find out whether the baby is a boy or a girl!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete