Friday, March 27, 2009

Good News/Bad News

I'm home. I'm going to make this quick since we are going to be headed down to EP for David's farewell awards ceremony.

Good news: This baby is doing FANTASTIC. It's very laid back and showed zero signs of stress during the external version.

Bad news: This kid is very content where it is at. We did not have any luck getting him or her to move. S/he has changed positions from yesterday and is now transverse instead of feet-first. They tried very hard to get him/her to move and it just wasn't happening.

Now what?: Well, we wait. I was sent home and we are to just enjoy the weekend. My next appointment is on Tuesday afternoon. I'll have another ultrasound to see what this kid has done. If the baby will not flip with some exercises she gave me to try, then we will schedule a c-section probably for the next day (yes, I'm VERY aware that's April Fool's Day, but that's the day they do scheduled sections).

Overall, I'm ok. I'm a little bit sad that I won't be having my baby today. However, I'm very much excited about my time with the Baileys who are here visiting. I'm disappointed we couldn't get this baby to flip, but I'm optimistic since it still is moving around in there.

Today we are going to El Paso for David's farewell awards ceremony. I did not sleep at all last night and my adrenaline is wearing rather quickly. I will be turning off my phone today so that I can rest after we are done in El Paso. Please don't take this personally. I will try and talk to each of you as soon as I can. I'll turn my phone back on tomorrow (Saturday).

Thank you all so much for your prayers! I really felt them! I was very calm this morning and everything went well (except hunting for a vein that the IV would work in, but that's ok). My stomach was soft (which is not normal these days) and they didn't even have to give me any medications at all! That is a huge plus! The baby was fine all through the entire procedure with a fantastic heart rate. As frustrating as the situation is, at least we know this kid can handle stress! It's a relief to know that s/he is ok in there.

More pictures to come later! This was taken last weekend on our jaunt to Cloudcroft (yes, again!).

Thank you so much!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so relieved to know that you and baby are okay. You sound good and less stressed. You know I'm thinking about ya! Love you! Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it isn't what you were hoping for, but sounds like she might be moving on her own, already half way there. To stubborn to turn for the doc though huh? At lest you know all the pain last night was something happening.
    Enjoy your weekend and today. Hopefully he will turn the rest of the way this weekend for you.

    ReplyDelete