Monday, March 9, 2009

Candy the angry babushka

Candy is our 14-15 year old dog. She's a fantastic pet and still going strong. She busted the tip of her ear and we've been trying to fight this hematoma for over a month. The vet I was using was insisting on surgery and I really didn't want to. My gut told me it was a bad idea and plus it's crazy expensive. I didn't feel like we need to put her through that. The vet refused to explore other options, so I decided to get a second opinion. I'm so glad I did. The vet today (East Lohman Vet Clinic if you are in Cruces and need a vet...) was very positive and didn't even mention surgery. She put in a stint to let it drain and heal. We have to go back in 10 days to get it removed and the Doc thinks Candy should be ok! I'm soooo relieved. This is so much less traumatic for everyone!

However, it includes a headscarf to protect my furniture & carpet from the drainage. Candy really really hates the headscarf. I had to put the cone back on her head so she would quit peeling it off! So she's mad about the wrap and mad about the cone. Here is the set up she's sporting these days. You can see in the pictures that she looks sad. :( Only 10 more days until she's all better!!







No comments:

Post a Comment