Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Baby stuff galore!

I am beyond blessed! We have so many friends and family who have been very excited about this new little one showing up. There are so many people who want to be involved and have shared much insight, tips, and special presents. I have had two baby showers and I still have one more on the horizon.

I am now 35 weeks pregnant. It's hard to imagine that in as early as two weeks we could have this little person join us. Part of me thinks that two weeks is very close, part of me feels like that is a long way off. My due date is April 7th, but I'm praying this little one shows up in the last week of March. That allows me to get moving stuff done, but also some recovery time before we have to leave here.

This week, my nesting has started to kick in. Since we aren't staying here, there isn't a nursery to create, or even a dresser to fill. However, I did build the bassinet! We were given the bassinet from my sister. She was kind enough to store it for me and was very happy to hand it off as soon as I announced my pregnancy. It was well kept, but without the directions! At first I was a bit overwhelmed by it, but then I was determined to get it figured out. Fortunately, the picture of the box made it pretty easy. The parts will only fit together one way, and it was pretty easy to figure out once I jumped in. I got all the ruffles washed and snapped on. There are a LOT of ruffles on this thing!




I thought I'd show you some of the abundance of gifts we've been given as well as show off my bassinet construction!


1 comment:

  1. Just to be fair...i never got the instructions for that thing! I came home with Hannah and "poof" it was there!

    ReplyDelete