Monday, June 22, 2009

Still alive & kickin'


Hello all!! I feel like I've fallen off the face of the earth. I know that I am dreadfully out of touch with most of you. I've been drowning in "life" and I haven't been the greatest friend right now. I haven't been up for much phone chatting and I haven't been good about sending emails or cards. Heck, I still haven't written my thank you notes from my baby showers. I promise that all of you are on my mind and in my heart. Please accept my apologies for being so terrible at staying in touch over the last several months.

Updates:
On Wednesday I will get this cast off!! I'm stoked! I won't be completely up and around, but I will be walking. I will get a walking cast. It's more like a moon-boot. It's something I can take on and off, but it will keep my ankle still completely immobile. BUT--I can shower! I can walk! I can hold my baby & move at the same time! I can cook dinner! I won't be able to drive. I don't know if I can swim. I have a lot of Q's for the doc and most of my plans cannot be made until we get some answers from him. Dad is flying in Wed. night and he & mom will depart Thursday morning. I'm a bit sad about mom leaving. It's been really nice having her here. She's been a huge help and the last month+ would have been absolutely miserable without her help!

Wyatt is doing amazing. He's growing so fast I can't believe it. He's becoming his own little person. He is starting to loose that newborn cry and get a deeper, more opinionated cry. It's cute and sad at the same time. It truly amazes me how fast time is going. Between my little boy growing up and my husband preparing to depart, time seems to be on turbo speed.

The biggest thing is another prayer request. I know I've had to ask for a lot of these lately. Please know that your prayers really do make a difference. I've been doing so well and I've healed fast and I've had a great outlook. We've been able to accomplish so much and God has provided in ways that we didn't even know to expect. Now... I need more.

We got some tough news this week. You all got to "meet" my grandpa. Well, "Big Gpa" is not doing well. They have discovered a tumor in his liver. It's very rapidly progressing. I don't have a lot of information, but I know that the doctor doesn't think he has much longer with us. He is in the hospital right now. I don't really know a whole lot. Grandpa's dementia and Alzheimer's is so bad that he really doesn't understand what's going on. He doesn't know he has cancer and I don't think he will be told. He's just going to be told that he's going to hospice to get stronger. He's a fighter and one of the strongest and most obstinate men I've ever met. Gpa's been fighting sickness for my entire life. He's defied the odds more times than I can count. Who knows what he will do this time. Please pray for him. Pray for pain management. Pray that he will make it all the way to his wedding anniversary. Pray for his wife (Fran). Pray a lot for Fran. She has been the best thing to ever happen to Gpa. She is absolutely devastated at the news and she is struggling with her health as well. Please pray for my dad. I cannot imagine losing my dad and he's now in that situation. This will be so hard on him. It's already been hard on everyone seeing how confused Gpa has gotten and how much he just doesn't feel good. Please pray that Gpa can hold out until after David deploys so that I can maybe see him one more time.

I don't want this to just been a heavy-hearted post. I will share some pictures of my amazing little man. He's the light of my life. We are having so much fun with him. I never imagined how FUN he would be! I knew it would be amazing, but I never thought it would be fun this soon! I hope you enjoy the pictures!!


1 comment:

  1. Kristina- I just wanted to say that I will be praying for your family during this difficult time. Glad to hear you can walk tomorrow and that Wyatt is doing amazing! Enjoy every second!

    Katie D Tuttle (yes- I read your blog and enjoy your updates!)

    ReplyDelete