Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Already a battle of the wills...

I never thought it would start this early. But it has. Wyatt & I disagree and we are BOTH determined to get our way. Wyatt wants to be a thumb-sucker. I am absolutely opposed to it. I have about 47 pacifiers in this house and he can have any style or color he wants of those. However, he'd rather have his thumb. I'd rather he have a pacifier because it is better for the development of his mouth (don't have a thumb pulling against the roof of his mouth), and mainly because you can take a pacifier away. You cannot take a thumb away. Wyatt is quick! He gets that thumb in there fast. I'm not sure if he's teething already because the boy has some drool! He is a drool factory right now and he really wants his fists and anything else in his mouth at all times. He even will chomp on his hands through socks or sleeves. I keep pulling out his hand and popping in the pacifier. He'll go with the pacifier for a bit, but seems to prefer his hands. I just hope I am more determined than he is about this. The only bad part is that I cannot constantly be on thumb-patrol. I've got stuff to do!

In other news... It's still crazy busy around here. Let me just summarize the last 7 days:
Wednesday--got my cast off, returned my scooter, picked up dad from the Airport in Austin.
Thursday--breakfast with David so dad could see him, time with mom and dad, then they get sent off.
Friday--Family Day at the lake for David's unit
Saturday--an AWESOME visit with Tom & Sheila who came up from Houston.
Sunday--church with a potluck, finishing up the family book for deployment that has consumed me for the past month
Monday--Wyatt & I spent ALL DAY at the unit to create & construct the books for deployment. Wyatt did amazing! I wore him all morning and he slept for 3 hours while I worked. Then he hung out in his stroller and was content all day! Now I am convinced this kid doesn't belong to me!! haha!! After we finished what we could of the books, it was time for our pre-deployment brief.
Tuesday--Today I am catching my breath! Wyatt & I slept until 9. We were both exhausted after yesterday (we all got home after 9pm!). I have about 4 loads of laundry to fold, I am desperately behind in cleaning, and I need to get bills paid.

Starting tomorrow, I have to take the FRG leadership courses for the next 2 days (again... I took it 5 years ago and I have plenty of experience, but it was "highly encouraged"). Then we have a 4 day weekend, then we are off to Dallas for David to get some flying done.

As always, I know that I need to share pictures of the little guy. I know that's the only reason some of you even read this--just to see the pictures. Of course, who knows if you are even reading this part, this could all just be filler around the pictures for you... So to keep you happy, here are some of my fav's. I have been REALLY bad about taking pictures this last week (I cannot imagine why, I've had absolutely nothing going on...).

Family play time on the floor.

Wyatt was soooo tired, but really didn't want to fall asleep!

Love this shirt from Aunt Miriam!!

He is a very happy baby!!

FINALLY asleep. He fights it sooo hard!

3 comments:

  1. Not so many pictures because Grandma isn't there with her camera in her hand... and I miss it bunches. I'm glad things are going well this week. Thanks for sharing.. and I do read all about it.

    Grandma.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina,
    I was hysterical reading this post. John and I had our third baby, Spencer, on March 26th. He and I are have THE SAME battle. I feel exactly the same way about the paci. I pull his thumb out and say NO and then stick the paci in his mouth. We too have a million pacifiers. One in a place we could possibly be. Good luck.
    We are so happy for yall and have you in our thoughts and prayers all the time. Enjoy that handsome boy!!
    Jen Bartholomew(from TFO)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina,

    I had a battle like that with Kayleigh and she was only a month or so old! She is a thumb sucker, but her teeth are fine so far. I was told as long as I can get her to quit by age 5 it should be ok. But, we are trying to get her to stop now. Colt started to give me problems, but I kept taking his thumb out and putting the binky in. The only time he goes for his thumb is when he can't get his pacifier in his mouth. That might be what Wyatt is doing. Kayleigh would spit the pacifier out after about 20 seconds, so I knew there was no hope for her. LOL. I wish you lots of luck!!!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete