Thursday, June 25, 2009

Got some big Praises to do...

I always love it when doctors are surprised. I KNOW I have a lot of people praying for me. I know that we are so abundantly blessed with so many wonderful people in our life. I know God answers prayer!

I got my cast off yesterday. The next step was supposed to be a walking boot for 2-6 weeks. Then PT with a brace (flexible) and then I'd be done. We did the x-rays and he came in and said that it healed REALLY well. He said that I could do the walking boot (completely immobilizing the ankle) or I could skip ahead to the lace-up flexible splint. He really felt like the boot was not necessary at all. He said that I can slowly put more and more weight on it over the next 3-4 days, then just keep walking. Once I'm fully weight-bearing without pain, then I can drive. He said 2-3 weeks! PLUS, I don't have to do PT!! He gave me a resistance band, a few exercises to do and sent me on my way. I don't have to see him again unless I have problems. He said he doesn't expect to ever see me again!! He is a fantastic doctor and he was wonderful through all of this. I'm really sore now. The cast had me pain-free for almost a month now. I had some incision pain, but that's about it. Without the cast, I can really feel the sprain that came at the same time as the break. I'm also having a hard time easing myself into weight-bearing. I'd love to just jump in. Today I probably did too much. I'm pretty achy. The muscles are very very sore and weak. It's not horrible, but it's a bit annoying. It is nice to be able to set this foot down completely while on the crutches. I've already returned my scooter. I am hoping to be walking by Sunday!

We've also found a church here that I really like. The people have been so great and very friendly. Several people have personally offered to come drive me anywhere, cook a meal, sit and visit, or anything I need. It is wonderful especially since we've only gone there for the last 3 weeks. I really look forward to Sunday mornings. I'm glad we found some place where we can feel like we fit in even though it is for such a short time.

Another great thing... I've been doing FRG (Family Readiness Group) for several years. I've done 2 full deployments as a leader, and another deployment as a support volunteer. Last time, I had a very hard time finding enough volunteers. This time, we have plenty of volunteers who are excited and ready to tackle FRG!! This is so encouraging to me! I've been working on a deployment handbook for families and it's really coming together. I think we have a great group of people.

I just thought it would be nice to have a post about all the good things happening here in TX. God has been very good to us. Even though we have had so many challenges and "speed bumps" it's all going really well. God has answered so many prayers, I cannot even count them. Thank you again for all your prayers, support, encouragement, notes, and calls. You have helped more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment