Thursday, May 21, 2009

This boy takes his eatin' seriously!



Wyatt had another doctor visit today. This trip was just routine though. We have a new pediatrician here in Killeen. I love her! She was fantastic with him! For his stats: He is weighing in at 11 lbs, 8 oz. That's a full pound in 2 weeks!!!!! He also grew 3 inches in length! He's doing really well and the doc was very happy with his overall health. When he was born, he was in the 25th percentile for height and 5oth percentile for weight. Now he's in the 75th percentile for both. I need to make sure he gets more tummy time since he still can't push himself up off his tummy. He is not a fan of being on his tummy, plus I enjoy just staring at him all day. We are going to try some zantac for him to see if his tummy problems are reflux. I sincerely hope so. I've eliminated so many things out of my diet and he's still hurting. On the upside--today I found some rice milk ice cream! It actually tastes really good and it hit the spot!!

Wyatt is starting to really focus on people and things. He will "talk" to you (he especially likes women), kick his feet, and make faces. He loves to look at his mobile and he's learning how to get the bouncer going! It's amazing to watch him focus on things. My favorite is when he is winding up for a sneeze, but then it falls off. He goes, "AAhhhhh, aaaahhhh...... AAhh-000hhhhhhhh."


He is still a fantastic sleeper! He's not always great about naps during the day, but he sleeps pretty consistently at night. It is wonderful and I'm so blessed because that gives me more time to sleep & heal.

Mom has been here only one day and it's been such a HUGE help! We got a lot done today and had a really good time.

We are looking forward to our long weekend. We will be doing some new-to-us car shopping. Maybe we'll find my new dream car/truck. :)

For now, I'm exhausted. The internet connection here is sketchy at best. I have been trying to get a kodak album of pictures going, but it seems to lock up the internet connection. I'll give it a try again next week.

I hope everyone has a safe & fantastic Memorial Day weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. It was good to see you yesterday. Give him some time on the tummy time front. Colt has had lots of digestive and spitting up problems, and he has just recently gotten to where he enjoys being on his tummy. Kayleigh was the same way too. I have a Boppy if you need it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are hanging in there and mom made it there safely! Can you believe it was a year ago that you were up in ABQ helping me move?? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete