Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sleeping... and other things in life!

Wyatt slept through the night last night for the first time. He slept for 8 hours and we had to wake him this morning in order to make it to my doc appointment today! It's hard to believe that he's doing so well. He's been building up and progressing from 4-5 hours at night to 5-6, and then last night I got 8! It was MAGICAL!

It's been a busy week in the Holt household. We have found a new-to-us truck to replace the expedition. I have my long-term cast. We've made a million phone calls for the new truck, financing, insurance, etc etc etc... It's been busy!

First thing... we found a truck! We were looking for another expedition or an excursion. I guess I'm just a Ford girl. However, Ford didn't make expeditions this year. We could special order it, but that was CRAZY expensive. There were only a small handful around here at dealerships and they were all King Ranch editions and also had about 5k miles on them from demo/VIP use. The dealerships weren't willing to give us a good price because they call a demo vehicle with 5k miles on them "new." That's not my definition of new! We started our search for a used expedition. We couldn't find a 4 wheel drive used. We looked from Dallas to Houston and couldn't find any. We started pondering a truck again, but I really liked a lot of the SUV features. We started looking for a used excursion. We found several, but every time we'd find what we needed, we'd call and it had *just* sold! This happened several times! We were hunting around on Craig's List and saw a listing for a very nice truck. It made David drool! Since I LOVED my old F350, I was willing to look at a truck--especially with how difficult it was becoming to find a big enough SUV for pulling horses. We went and checked it out and we both fell in love. I've always been a truck girl at heart. It's big, it's red, and it's MINE!! :) Here are a few pictures. For the men in our lives, here are the stats:
2001 F250
7.3L Turbo Diesel
4WD
112k miles
Ranch Hand bumpers front & back
Auxiliary tank with a tool box on top--total of 80 gallons of diesel with the stock tank and extra tank.
spray-in bedliner
leather interior
custom rims
I think that's it.

Today, I got my stitches out and a new cast! I love this fiberglass cast! It's so light and it's really supportive. I have another 4 weeks with a cast & crutches. On June 24th I will go back in to take this off and then get a boot. I don't know how long I will have to wear the boot, but at least I will be able to walk. I won't be able to drive, but at least my mom can go home and I can take care of my munchkin here. The best news is that I'll be able to shower like normal after that! I am so ready for that! I took some pictures of my incision and ankle. Let's just say it's colorful! I won't share those with all of you. I took them for my friend Stephanie. If you really want to see the rainbow of colors, drop me an email and I'll send you the picture! :)

Wyatt is growing and changing so much and so fast. He's coo'ing and smiling all the time. He loves to be talked to and he's VERY ticklish! He's a little charmer and everyone who meets him is enchanted with him. He's busting out of all of his newborn sized clothes and the 0-3 months are getting tight! He's so long! I am already going to be packing up some of his clothes for storage. I cannot believe it. I dont' want my little guy to get so big so quickly! He's been crossing his eyes every now & again. Mom happened to catch one on camera today. For more pics of the little man, you can click HERE.

Check out our pictures... leave comments here or there! Enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the crossed eyes. Elliot has discovered croossing her eyes. In fact, we were eating dinner tonight and she said, "LoOk, there's 4, 5, 6 lights!" We only have THREE! I looked at her and her eyes were all crossed. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this blog is fantastic. I feel like I'm sitting and visiting with you. So glad you got 8 hours. Doesn't it just feel like heaven? Glad your ankle is doing well. I wish I could come help out. Wyatt looks wonderful. You two are awesome parents. Thanks for sharing everything. We sure miss you guys. You are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have this blog!! Love the pics, especially the cross eyed one! David was a long baby too and outgrew his clothes quite fast, I found these awesome extenders and it made the clothes last much longer! I'll email you the link to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a little cutie you have! His cross-eyed pic is adorable.

    I'm glad I found the friend request on facebook (I didn't get an alert - have to figure that one out) and saw the link for here. It looks like there's been a lot going on in your life so I'll send some prayers by for calm, routine and boring your way.

    By the way, nice find on the truck. It looks like it belongs with you.

    ReplyDelete