Saturday, May 9, 2009

Daddy Terms for baby stuff...

David is an absolutely amazing father! He loves this little guy so much and has jumped in with both feet. He helps with everything. I think he's changed as many or more diapers than I have. He helps with the bathing, dressing, night time feedings, etc. David's been peed on, puked on, and has done a few miles of pacing and bouncing. I am so very blessed to have such an awesome husband who is a fantastic dad. Since David has been so involved, he's made up a few of his own terms. I thought you'd enjoy hearing/seeing some of them.

Rubber sheet="tarp"
burp cloth= "drop cloth"
diaper bag=tactical back pack**

**David asked right before Wyatt was born about a diaper bag. He said if he was going to carry a diaper bag, he didn't want to carry a dorky frilly thing. I started looking for a basic black bag. David had something entirely different in mind. Instead he started looking for a tactical backpack. He got it ordered and we have our brown military backpack for Wyatt's diaper bag. That thing can carry a LOT of stuff.

3 comments:

  1. I love reading this blog and keeping up with you and the little angel...have I told you how incredibly proud I am of you (lately)? I love you and can't wait to see you again...and catch up on everything!!

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave & Kristina - We do pray with you for God's grace to be sufficient. It's not what you had in mind, but since you're there I pray you get to experience God's perfect strength in your weakness, just as He promises in 2 Corinthians 12:9. Hang in there - you'll get through it, I know! Dave, please let us know what your address is when you get deployed, so Soldiers for Jesus MC can support you all again.
    We love you! Pablo & Marilynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Kristina, Pablo had an idea how to get Wyatt around the house...
    Get a little red wagon, tie down the car seat, tie a rope on the wagon handle and tie that around your waist! :) Always the ingenious ideas!!! Love you! Marilynn

    ReplyDelete