Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wyatt is wireless!!


My three David's (Gpa David, Daddy David, and David Wyatt)
Snuggling with mommy shortly after arriving in our room.
Awake and taking it all in!
Full tummy and content
My angel.

First and foremost, THANK YOU ALL so much for all your prayers! The pediatrician didn't think I'd get to nurse Wyatt until tomorrow. Not only have we nursed, he has moved out of Special Care and into my room! He's doing really well! He continues to be a content little guy. He's learning how to get this eating thing going. You can see in the pictures that I forgot to pack a pair of nail clippers so he's scratched himself up. You can also see a red mark from the tape for the stomach tube he had until today. However, it's great to see his whole face without all the wires and tape.

I'm doing pretty well. I've been up and walking today. I may have pushed myself a little too hard, but I just wanted to be with my little guy. I spent a good chunk of time walking from my room to the Special Care nursery to spend some time with Wyatt. He would settle with me & David there, so I just wanted to be with him to help him feel better. Now it's 2:20 am and I've got a good case of insomnia. If this post is a bit incoherent, I'm blaming insomnia. :)

My mom has been a lifesaver and is still hanging out with me tonight. David has to get some stuff done at work tomorrow & Thursday. He is already an amazing daddy and I am going to be lost without him tomorrow! I'm so glad I'll still have my mom.

That's probably enough of an update for 2:30 in the morning. :) Thank you again for all your prayers! We are taking this time in the hospital for Wyatt & me to get recovered. David is trying to keep up with calls & emails. I promise I will get to all of you eventually! Thank you for your love! We can feel it surrounding us.

3 comments:

  1. He is so beautiful!! Congratulations!!! Welcome to the world, Wyatt!! You are blessed with wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! I'm so glad he's doing better and it sounds like you are doing well too. You need not worry about returning phone calls and emails. Everyone understands and no one is going to be upset with you for not getting back to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute and handsome!!! We are glad he is finally here! Congrats to the new mommy and daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete