Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Two week check up... he's growing!

Today Wyatt had his two week check up. It was a great visit. I love the pediatrician here--and of course I'm leaving. But, Wyatt has gained 13 ounces since our last visit (8 days ago)!! He has a total gain of 20 ounces (including the recovered weight he lost in SCU). The doctor is REALLY impressed and said he didn't expect Wyatt to do so well after he had such a rough start (All of your prayers have continued to work!! THANK YOU!!). He was expecting to have to talk to me about trying to keep him at and above birth weight. Well today he came in at just over 8 lbs! The doc was very happy! He also looked at his umbilical stump and told me that I need to get more aggressive with it to get it to dry up. The more he looked at it and saw that Wyatt already has an "innie" he decided to go ahead and cut it off and put some silver nitrate on it to help dry it up. When the doc cut it off, he found that there were still two blood vessels feeding the stump! He said it would have taken a VERY long time for it to fall off. Wyatt was not happy about the umbilical cord and he wailed like he hasn't ever done before! The doctor was happy to see that he CAN cry. :)

I had my post-op yesterday. My incision is looking really good. I've lost all my baby weight and then an extra pound! However, I have an infection called endomitritis. My understanding of it is that the lining of my uterus didn't sufficiently sluff everything and it's become infected. She put me on an antibiotic and also something to help my uterus continue to contract down to it's normal size. I started the antibiotics yesterday and today I woke up feeling like a whole new person! Today I was able to take very few pain medications and was able to get quite a bit done today. I did get tired late this afternoon, but Wyatt & I snuggled on the couch while I rested/napped for about 2 hours. I'm feeling a lot better today than I have since Wyatt was born.

Tomorrow we are headed to El Paso to see everyone at David's office. David is a very proud papa and excited to show off his boy! Please pray for my strength tomorrow. We will visit everyone in EP and then I need to finish sorting our things for the packers. The packers and movers will be here Friday to pick up everything going to AZ. We are almost ready for them, but I need to dedicate a few good hours to finishing up all the sorting. David's been working really hard to get his stuff situated as well as keep up with emails with the new unit and finish out-processing the current unit. David finished the roof today. Our fantastic friends, Heather & Ryan, helped us very much yesterday! Ryan was up on the roof with David to help finish re-sealing it, Heather spent the day driving me around and helping with Wyatt (she is a fantastic right-hand-woman). Honestly, we wouldn't be nearly as ready without Heather & Ryan and my mom's help!

I wanted to add more pictures from today, but it's late. Wyatt & David are snuggling in their post-bath bliss. We all need to get to bed. I will try to add pictures soon.

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers and love and support. It is truly felt and appreciated more than I can articulate!

No comments:

Post a Comment