Thursday, April 2, 2009

We are home!!

It has been a very big day for all of us, so this will be short. I just wanted to let everyone know that we are home and everyone is doing great! Wyatt was checked this morning by the pediatrician and given a clean bill of health. The doc was surprised and how rapidly Wyatt improved. I'm not--we had a lot of people praying for us! Wyatt's day also included getting a circumcision so he's been quite a bit uncomfy. It breaks my heart to see him hurting so much, but I know that he'll never remember this. We are still learning this whole nursing thing, but we are improving. There are times when we both get frustrated, but that's to be expected.

I am doing pretty well. I'm pretty sore. All the skin around the incision is starting to wake up so it's starting to burn. The OB decided she wants to follow up with me on Monday so I came home with all my staples. It looks like I have a zipper! While in the hospital we found the perfect pain management plan as far as medications. I got behind it today courtesy of the pharmacy (takes forever to get them filled!). Tonight I'm pretty uncomfortable and incredibly tired. I'm hoping tomorrow goes better for my pain management.

I will add more pictures of our little man some time tomorrow. For now, I am falling asleep at the keyboard. :) Wyatt has a full belly and is happily sleeping next to me. That's my cue that it's time for me to sleep too. :)

THANK YOU again for all your prayers!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being home and little man going home at the same time. So glad that he did so much better then the doc was expecting :).
    Glad that nursing is coming along. Hopefully he lets you get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete